RULES AND REGULATIONS
- No horses are permitted to
be brought into the ring at any time throughout the competition
prior to the riders official call to ride the course.
- All riders must wear their assigned competitorís number.
- All riders must wear protective head gear on the course.
- It is the responsibility of each rider to monitor your
position in the order of riders to ensure you are ready to go
when called into the ring. Failing to be at the gate when you
are called may constitute automatic withdrawal from the class.
- No two horses will work the same set of obstacles at any time.
- All obstacles will be judged on how well the rider and horse
complete the obstacle. You may receive a maximum of ten points,
calculated in tenths, for each obstacle.
- Once your horse shows or displays refusal to complete an
obstacle, you will have twenty seconds to recover and complete
the obstacle. If this is not done, the judge will direct you to
move to the next obstacle. If you are asked to move to the next
obstacle, please do so immediately as your score has been
determined and your time at the next obstacle may begin.
- Once an obstacle is completed, the judge will direct you to
move to the next obstacle.
- A judge may dismiss a rider from the ring at any time he feels
it is in the best interest of the 2011 NAPEC to do so.
- No horse is permitted to compete with any device used to
restrict vision or muffle sound or is under the influence of any
drug which could improve performance or allow them to gain an
unfair advantage over other competitors.
- In the event of a tie score between riders that are to receive
an award, the tie will be broken by the rider with the best time
on the course.
- There is a maximum of six minutes to complete the course. Any
rider who exceeds six minutes, will be directed to leave the
course and will receive a zero for any incomplete obstacles.